With incredible business acumen, Benson provides highly effective counsel on a wide array of sophisticated transactional matters. As both a transactional advocate and litigator, Benson has the ability to quickly grasp the issues at hand and propose an effective legal strategy that allows him to resolve matters with speed and efficiency. When matters cannot be addressed through mediation or settlement, his trial experience makes him a strong advocate for clients in the courtroom. In addition, he is an advisor in regulatory compliance, corporate governance and fiduciary undertakings for members of corporate bodies.
Fluent in the language of excellence in client service, he understands the challenges facing business leaders and tailors his legal advice and counsel to individual client needs while meeting the legal and regulatory challenges. He has established a reputation not only for being a driven, practical and solutions driven Advocate but also for his practical advice, focus on business value, and results that enable clients to drive their business forward. He spends significant time helping clients avoid the pitfalls and risks in litigation by proactively creating strategic non-litigation alternatives needed to help businesses preserve their business relationships following a dispute. He ensures that the legal strategies align and support the business goals and objectives of his clients.
As a Managing Partner, he plays a central role in shaping operations and putting the firm on a path of consistent growth. Driving innovation & change and embedding a growth mind set are the hallmarks of his approach.
Benson supports and advises the Firm’s Senior Management Team in developing and executing the firm’s strategy and business plans. He focuses on clients’ needs holistically and ensures that they are provided with excellent services consistently. He also oversees the development of talent through the creation of a conducive and an all-inclusive work environment & culture and enhances the financial strength of the firm.
Some of the matters Benson has handled include:
- Advising a telecommunications service contractor during negotiations on the variation of its USD 3,000,000 GSM tower construction contract with a GSM mobile operator who was in default
- Advising a leading corporate on the securitization of its trade receivables worth over USD 11,000,000 which enabled the corporate to free up cash flow for operational needs
- Advising a hotel developer in relation to the management of the developer’s hotel by a leading hotel franchise operator
- Advising an insurance company on its proposed integration with another insurer in a USD 30,000,000 transaction
- Advising a consortium of developers in relation to a proposed public-private partnership venture in the provision of urban housing within Nairobi
- Overseeing the restructuring of an unincorporated financial group into a regulated SACCO in order to secure assets of over USD 5,000,000 owned by the members
- Acting for a housing developer in a dispute with the developer’s contractor on a USD 10,000,000 construction contract
Away from the office, Benson is likely to be engrossed in a book or a movie.