Complete with self-confidence, keen eye for detail and superior organizational skills and a knack for developing a narrative that applies the facts and the law in a manner beneficial to his clients, Dennis provides ready, swift, and honest solutions to wide-ranging complex legal matters. He takes pride for championing the interest of his clients. His longstanding trusted relationship with clients has grown on the back of getting under the skin of their businesses and understanding what makes them tick.
As a key member of the Dispute Resolution Practice, Dennis provides legal and strategic advice to the Firm’s clients and represents them in the High Court, Court of Appeal and in diverse tribunals across the Kenyan jurisdiction.
His clients describe him as approachable yet crisp and precise in his communication. He particularly enjoys finding practical solutions to difficult problems and ensuring that things are looked at from every angle: if there is something that will give you an advantage (as a client), you can count on him to find it.
He advises on all types of commercial disputes by devising time and cost-effective ways to resolve disputes. He understands commercial realities and develops holistic legal strategies that ensure success to his clients. By applying his deep knowledge together with his insight gained from his substantive experience as a litigator and mediator, Dennis has become a trusted advisor among the firm’s clients resulting in better and more effective client outcomes.
His notable matters are:
- Successfully defending a real estate property company in arbitration proceedings involving a structural construction dispute for a claim worth over Kshs. 500,000,000.
- Representing a South African multinational in a commercial dispute for recovery of Kshs. 320,000,000 advanced to a Kenyan firm in Capital injection after a default in repayment.
- Represented financial institutions in administration proceedings against multiple secured creditors for claims worth between Kshs. 60,000,000. and Kshs. 230,000,000
- Defended an EPZ company against winding up in a claim for Kshs. 120,000,000 by a creditor and successfully dismissed the winding up petition.
- Represented a Petitioner in a high-profile suit seeking to recover public land in Ruai and Karen meant for public utilities that was irregularly allocated to private entities.
- Successfully represented a client in a claim against him for auction of a property worth Kshs. 200,000,000 by a financial institution.
- Participated in the legal audit and policy formulation proposals for an International NGO regarding the Agriculture & Food Authority Act and the Crops Act
- Represented a client in negotiations and consultations towards securing a hotel in Shanzu from possible attachment by a Financier who was seeking to recover Kshs. 900,000,000 advanced to the client. that included recommending an investor to the client.
- Represented a reputable Sacco in over 200 claims against the Sacco over a period of 3 years and safeguarded the Sacco’s interest.
- Represented the IEBC in various election petitions filed against the commission in the 2017 general elections.
- As a member of the Legal Audit Taskforce, he participated in auditing and offering recommendations on all the Legal matters for and against the Nairobi city county.
Outside work, Dennis enjoys taking part in out-door activities jogging, hiking, playing hockey, watching sports and spending time with, and taking care of his family.